What does this Policy Cover?
- sets out the principles Advance follows when collecting, using and storing Personal information;
- describes other important topics relating to an individual’s privacy.
By purchasing goods from Advance, communicating with Advance through email, by telephone, in writing or by using any of Advance’s other services, including the Advance website, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
Collection Use and Storage of Information
The type of personal information that Advance may collect from individuals will depend upon the particular transaction and the dealing. Normally the personal information collected by Advance may include an individual’s:
- name, title, address;
- telephone number;
- email address and online passwords;
- records of communications with Advance
- credit card or debit card information;
- website usage information.
Personal information will, generally, only be used for the primary purposes of:
- conducting, improving, maintaining and developing a business relationship.
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- responding to individual’s queries;
- marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving Advance’s website.
Advance takes reasonable steps to ensure the individual is aware of:
- the likely use of the information;
- the right of access to the information
- the identity and contact details of the organisation;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide information.
How Advance will use and disclose your Personal Information?
Advance discloses personal information:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or
- where the individual would reasonable expect this; or
- where the individual has consented; or
- for direct marketing by Advance but giving individuals the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing. Advance includes its contact details in any direct marketing.
Advance does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless consent has been given or as required by law. Advance will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from an individual.
There may be other situations where we may collect and use personal information, which are outside a person’s reasonable expectation. When this occurs, Advance is committed to providing the individual with an explanation for the possible use of the personal information.
Accuracy and Correction of Personal Information
Advance takes steps to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to information come to its attention. Advance disregards information which seems likely to be inaccurate or out of date by reason of the time which has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
If an individual has submitted personal information to Advance electronically or otherwise, and would like it corrected, then a written request should be sent by email to [email protected] or to the address below.
Advance will use reasonable endeavours to comply with an individual’s request to correct their personal information.
If Advance disagrees with any request to correct an individual’s personal information, and the individual request that Advance include in the record of their personal information a statement that they have a contrary view, Advance will use reasonable steps to do so.
Using our Website
As with most websites, when you visit the Advance website or use an application the Advance website, Advance may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Advance also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled, you may still use the Advance website but may be limited in the use of some of the features.
Security of your Personal Information
Advance will take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is securely stored.
Advance protects personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security.
Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
Dealing with Unsolicited Information
Advance takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
Access to Personal Information
Advance acknowledges that individuals have a general right of access to information concerning them.
If an individual wishes to view their Personal information held by Advance, then that person needs to send a written request to [email protected] or to the address as detailed below. Advance will handle such requests in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Anonymity when dealing with Advance
Advance allows individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with it, where practicable.
Other Important Information
The Marketing Department
Advance International Cleaning Systems (NZ) Ltd
663 Great South Road,
Penrose, Auckland 1061
Email: [email protected]